Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Halloweenie ~ A Fun Stampers Journey Card

Ok...I couldn't resist!  
I have two wiener dogs that are so much fun (and a LOT of work!), and I have to tell you when I first started going through the Fun Stampers Journey catalog the Halloweenie stamp set caught my eye right away.  I wonder why?! lol



Boy was this card a PAIN to take pictures of!  I wanted to capture what it looks like through MY eyes, but do you think that works with all the shimmer on it?  Of course not! lol  Just imagine a shimmer that's not too crazy and dark, rich colors.  That's how the card really looks.  I hope you enjoy my one (and probably only one) Halloween card. :)




Here's a pic from five years ago of Buster and Slinky. :)  They look so innocent and sweet...I had to bribe them with treats to get them to sit like this! lol



I used my pan pastels to color everything on this card.  I started the background on Butter Cream card stock.  I mixed a little bit of the red with the orange using the Party Pop Pan Pastels.  Then underneath that I added the yellow from the Rich Sorbets set.  I just rubbed the color back and forth to blend it until I had the color combo I wanted.  Next I used the two purples from the Rich Sorbets set.  I started with the violet, then added the magenta.  At the very bottom I added some black.  Then I blended them together like I did the lighter colors to get the look I wanted.  After that I spritzed the whole thing with Shimmer Gold Color Splash and the bottom half with Shimmer Silver Color Splash and let the silver into just the bottom part of the sky.  Once it was dry I added the big moon (I sponged around the very edges of it with some of the orange/yellow color still left on the sofft sponge).  Then I colored both of my dogs in.  Slinky is darker and Buster has a lot of dapple so he's black and gray.  Yes, I fussy cut them instead of using my die (and boy was it a pain with them colored already! lol).  I think if I fussy cut again I'll color them in AFTER I've cut the out!  I put Slinky flush onto my card, then added Buster and popped him up.  After I got them both on I added their shadows underneath them with some more black.  And of course I had to add "Happy Halloweenie" onto the sky.


Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

I would love to be your Journey Coach! If you are thinking about joining 
Fun Stampers Journey and would like to be a Journey Coach click 
"Join My Team". 
I'd love to have you join me on my journey!  

If you like what you see and want to order just click on the 
"Shop Now" tab at the top of my blog. 

 If you have questions feel free to contact me. 
Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog . 

Supplies used on this card


Stamp Sets:
Halloweenie p. 33 (BD-0138) $15.20

Card Stock:
Pretty Pansy p. 289 (CS-0029) $6.95
Black Licorice p. 289 (CS-0003) $6.95
Butter Cream p. 288 (CS-0006) $6.95
Ink Pads:
Black Licorice p. 289 (IP-0041) $7.95

Supplies:
Pan Pastels Party Pop p. 280 (JM-0081) $49.95
Pan Pastels Rich Sorbet p. 280 (JM-0082) $49.95
Details Pro Shears p. 273 (To-0063)$13.95
Punch Handle p.266 (TO-0031) $12.95
Circle Punch 1.75" p. 267 (TO-0016) $11.95
Shimmer Gold Color Splash p. 291 (IP-0081) $7.95
Shimmer Silver Color Splash p.291 (IP-0082) $7.95

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...