Thursday, October 1, 2015

Christmas Wonderland

It's a Christmas Wonderland today on my blog.  Well it kind of looks like a starry night too and that's what it is...starry and/or snowy.  Whatever you'd like it to be. :)  This week we have a great sketch to work with at 'Tis the Season Christmas card challenge blog.  I had an idea and ran with it, but I wasn't quite as happy with it as I had hoped to be so I took something simple and (of course) had to make it a bit more complicated! lol


This is our sketch for the week.  It's pretty basic and simple.  Trust me it really is!  I just like to complicate things for some reason when I make cards! I NEED to learn to make CAS cards every now and then.
   

Make sure you head over to 'Tis the Season HERE to check out all the great Christmas cards made using this sketch.  It's so fun to see such a variety of cards made from the same sketch.  We'd love to have you play along too!  You know you'll be making your cards sooner or later...and sooner is much better than later! ;)

Sorry  I have so many pics on here.  I just know I love to check out different pictures, 
so I'm hoping you do to. :)  






So which color is  your favorite?  We all agree at my house on one color in particular.  Wow, we all agree on the same thing?  That doesn't happen very often!  Anyway I'd love to hear from you letting me know which color you like the best.  






Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

I would love to be your demonstrator! If you like what you see and want to order anything just click on any of the products that I've listed at the bottom of my blog or click on the "Shop Now" tab at the top of my blog. Any of them will take you directly to my website! If you have questions feel free to contact me. Just click "Contact Me" at the top of my blog . If you're thinking of becoming a demonstrator click "Join My Team". I'd love to have you join me!

Supplies used on cards:

Used on ALL cards...

Beautiful Season (retired set) & Scallop Edge Border Punch (retired)

Liquid Frisket


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Inks used on Night of Navy Card:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Inks used on Elegant Eggplant Card:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Inks used on Blackberry Bliss Card:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

5 comments:

  1. I love the card design, but how did you make that beautiful background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Quintin! I made the background using a brayer. I start with the lightest color and using the brayer put it over most of the card starting at the top and moving my way down to the bottom. I repeated each of those steps 3 or 4 times depending on how many colors I was doing starting with the lightest and going to the darkest color. As the colors got darker I would not go down as far. So for my darkest color I would only do about 1" to 1 1/2" down. To get the white "speckles" I used liquid frisket. That gets flicked on (I did it with a toothbrush) and it needs to dry for about 30 minutes. This must be done before the brayering if you want the starry or snowy effect. After you're done with the brayering and you know the ink is dry you can rub off the frisket. I hope all of this makes sense! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your favorite color, Sheila. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing your favorite color, Sheila. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...