Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pleasant Poppies in Watercolor

Yes, it's another card using a bit of water coloring.  I've enjoyed that lately and figured why not keep doing it if I enjoy it. :)  


I started by taping my watercolor paper down and got it a little bit wet.  I didn't want the colors to bleed too much when I stamped it.  It bled more than I thought it would though, so I let that layer dry and stamped over it again to define the flowers and stems a little more.  Since I don't actually use watercolor paints and only Stampin' Up! ink pads and reinkers I sometimes end up with strange colors if they bleed too much.  Then I just color it in again using an aqua painter and either a bit of reinker or some ink from the pad that's on the lid. 


I used a retired embossing folder with poppies on it for my card base, used Calypso Coral seam binding behind the picture, and layered my watercolor paper over Calypso Coral card stock.  I stamped Happy Birthday and put on Calypso Coral candy dots to finish the card off.

.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Supplies used on this card:

retired poppy embossing folder, masking tape

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


I would love to be your demonstrator! If you like what you see and want to order anything just click on any of the boxes above. It will take you directly to my website! If you have questions feel free to contact me. Just click "Contact Me" right at the top of my blog under the header. If you're thinking of becoming a demonstrator click "Join My Team". I'd love to have you join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...