Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Apothecary Art

Today's post is for this week's sketch from Try Stampin' Tuesday.  I can't say I'm super happy with it, but I don't hate it either! lol  I loved the sketch, but just couldn't seem to get the look I was looking for.  Does that make sense to anyone else?  It seems like I'm so overwhelmed with the new sets I have lately that I just wanted to use a set that's been out for a little while.  This set is so pretty, but it does take a bit to color it in.  I definitely wanted to go with non-traditional colors for this so went with green flowers and blue leaves with a touch of yellow mixed in too.

.

It's hard to tell, but I cut out all the flowers that have pearls on them and popped them out a bit.  I really like how that looks and you can't even tell it! lol


Make sure you head on over to Try Stampin' on Tuesday's blog HERE to check out the other great cards the designers made using this sketch.





Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Supplies used on this card: 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



I would love to be your demonstrator! If you like what you see and want to order anything just click on any of the boxes above. It will take you directly to my website! If you have questions feel free to contact me. Just click "Contact Me" right at the top of my blog under the header. If you're thinking of becoming a demonstrator click "Join My Team". I'd love to have you join me!

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! I found a great one layer sketch the other day and have trashed everything I tried to make with it. Maybe I need to follow your lead and pull out some of my trusty favorites!

    This is so pretty and yes, I can see the added dimension of the cut out flowers! Such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again, Margaret!! Yes, trusty favorites are sometimes the best when you're in a bind. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...