Friday, September 5, 2014

Blooming with Hope For You

Well it's been a week since I've posted, but I've certainly been busy!  Painting, ripping off wallpaper, mudding, ripping up carpet and padding, pulling nails and staples out of the floor, sanding....you name it, I probably did it! lol  We have plenty to do yet, but it's been a good feeling getting as much done as we did.  Now on to today's card...It's for the Friday Mashup and I'm hosting it this week.  Here's what we're doing for challenge #176...

Create a project using the "Sketch". 
Create a project with "Emboss Resist".
or Mash it Up! and create an "Emboss Resist project with the above Sketch".

Believe it or not this stamp set isn't what I even started with.  Then I thought I'd use the big flower in Bloom with Hope.  Nope, didn't end up using that either and this is what I finally ended up with.  Most of the card is pretty simple, but the embossing and fussy cutting is what took the longest.  It didn't help that I was working on everything at my kitchen table and my craft room is downstairs.  Talk about frustrating since I like everything in its place!  


Make sure you stop by the Friday Mashup HERE to check out the other fun cards and play along too. :)


I had to take a pic like this so you could see the dimension.  Some of the flowers were popped and others were flush to the card stock.  To do the sponging I started with Blackberry Bliss and moved my way in making sure I didn't do it as dark the farther in I got.  Then I sponged Hello Honey.  On the open flowers I started in the middle and worked my way out.  I always sprtiz after I've sponged on my flowers because it brings out the color a little more and blends it together a little bit too...and of course it shimmers. :)


Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Supplies used:




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sara, love those pretty flowers! Thank you for the fun sketch and technique this week!

    I hope you got some rest, sounds like you had quite a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Sara. I love the white background with the colors you used. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...