Friday, May 23, 2014

Lovely as a TREE

Happy Friday, Everyone!  I have another card for you for this week's Friday Mashup which I happen to be hostessing. :)  The mashup for this week is...

Create a project with "Trees".
Create a project with "Heat or Dry Embossing".
Or Mash it up and create a project with "Embossing and Trees".

I have no idea why I chose these two things for the mashup, but I had to run with it once I did. lol  I figured I should try to use a tree stamp that I haven't used in a while, so I picked the oak tree from Lovely as a Tree.  Well, what was I supposed to do with that tree?  How about put it in a field.  Hey didn't I just do that with another card? lol  I did, but it's definitely not the same.  This time I used the direct to paper technique with a bit of sponging to fill it all in.  Do you ever look at the sky and see different colors in it, and they seem to be woven into the next color?  I don't know about you, but I sure do, so that's what I tried to create in this card.  I did dry embossing on a couple of colors of my card, but I have to admit it's a little hard to see in the picture.


Head on over to the Friday Mashup HERE.  We have some great cards to show you and would love to see what you create for this week's challenge.


Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Stamp Sets:  Lovely as a Tree & Field Flowers
Card Stock:  Old Olive, Pool Party, Island Indigo,
So Saffron, Crisp Cantaloupe & Very Vanilla
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Old Olive, Pool Party, Island Indigo,
So Saffron, Crisp Cantaloupe & Early Espresso
StazOn:  Black
Embossing Folder:  Pretty Print
Sponges

4 comments:

  1. What a cool background, Sara! So full of life. Thanks for a great challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara- so pretty! I love how beautiful the sky can be at dusk. You created a lovely scene:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your challenge this week Sara! I love trees and I love to dry emboss so this was a lot of fun for me!

    Your card is beautiful...I totally get what you are saying about the sky! In my neck of the woods we get 20 hrs of light in the summer and it never does get fully dark....the colors of the "setting" sun arc across the sky and it all just melts together, I love it! Your card is a great representation of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Sara!! I think this is my new favorite (don't I say that about every other card?!). Your sky is stunning and that tree is just begging to be climbed...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...