Thursday, February 13, 2014

Christmas Ornaments

 Well with all the snow we've been having here in Michigan Christmas could have lasted for quite a while!  That's not why I'm making a Christmas card, but it sure would be a good reason.  It's time for 'Tis the Season's challenge and it's a sketch this week.  When I looked at the sketch I thought I might be the only Stampin' Up! demo out there that hasn't bought the hexagon punch! lol I had to use my embossing folder to get some hexagons on the card and used the ornament keepsake stamps to fill in.  I embossed them and used the framelits to cut them out. Then raised them using dimensionals.  I sure had a bugger of a time getting a decent pic of this card.  If I wanted it to be bright and really show the pool party sponging I needed to use the flash, but that would totally make the ornaments look funny because you could see the flash in the embossed silver so they didn't turn out.  I'm satisfied with this one, but I have to say it's so much prettier in person. :)


Head on over to the blog HERE to check the challenge out and see what all the designers made.  It's always a good thing to get a head start on Christmas cards...you only have 10 months before they need to be sent out! lol


Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Stamp Sets:  Ornament Keepsakes & Sweet Essentials
Card Stock:  Whisper White
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Pool Party
VersaMark
Stampin' Emboss Powder:  Silver
Embossing Folder:  Honeycomb
Smooch Spritz:  Vanilla Shimmer
Sponges




2 comments:

  1. I love those bitty ornaments and how you incorporated the hexagons into your background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design and I bet it's absolutely beautiful in person!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...