Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sailing Chevron Birthday

I made today's card to practice up on my sponging technique since I plan on having a sponging class.  Let me tell you this is definitely not how my card started out!  I had actually sponged a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Natural White card stock, but couldn't figure out how to put that size onto a card without it being boring.  So I gave up last night and surprise, surprise I couldn't fall asleep.  That's when I started thinking about the different sketch challenges I went through yesterday and how I could use one of them to put my pic on the card.  So how did I come up with it?  I used the Mojo Monday sketch challenge #318 to layer my sponged picture on, but knew I needed a bit more.  So I used the chevron half of the Friday Mashup challenge #134. I know my daughter will love it because there's no white! lol





Thanks for looking and have a great day!
Sara

Stamp  Sets:  The Open Sea & Express Yourself
Card Stock:  Island Indigo, Night of Navy,
Basic Black & Naturals White
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Night of Navy, Island Indigo,
Cherry Cobbler & Crushed Curry
StazOn:  Black
Punch:  1 3/8" Square (for chevrons)
Sponges





3 comments:

  1. This came out absolutely fabulous! Love the mixture of the two sketches. And sponging a smaller main panel definitely makes your life easier. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out great.. I really like how you did your chevrons they really pop out. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love it when it all falls together! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...