Saturday, June 1, 2013

Serene Silhouette Sunset

It's time for some sponge art again.  I've been practicing it since I'm going to be a guest designer this summer for the Inky Fingers Club!  I'm really excited about this!  It will be challenging, but so fun to create some more scenes using sponging.  I'm also excited to see what the other guest designers will be making too!  
Today's card is for my sister and brother-in-law's anniversary.  Funny thing...everything was going fine while I was working on it until I decided I wanted the yellow sponged a little darker.  Of course I had already attached my scene to the card and I ended up getting  the yellow on the lighter embossed part of my card!   Well, I was NOT about to start over! My mistake meant I had to sponge around the the rest of it too.  I think my mistake added just the extra touch it needed though.  I love it when a mistake turns into even something better than I first had planned! :) 



Here's a little more info about the Inky Fingers Club that you can join, not only for my projects, but for other projects by talented guest designers.


Inky Fingers Club
Summer 2013 Session
July 7th through July 20th

All New Stampin' Up! Products
Over 50
 Exclusive Designs
Creative Card Sets and Containers
14
 Daily Tutorials
Talented Guest Designers
Step by Step
 Directions
Lots of
 Photos

Daily Challenges with Prizes
Original Artwork Shipped to Members

In a couple of weeks I will be going away for the weekend to create four unique sponged scene cards with a special box to hold them in.  I will be taking a lot of pictures, and maybe even some video (yes, maybe! lol) so you can create some beautiful cards to give to family and friends.  I would love for you to become a member and join me and the other designers at the Inky Fingers Club HERE!  If you do decide to join and become a member please send me your email by clicking on the "Contact Me" box at the top of my blog. I can't wait to get my stamp set and get started!  :)

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Stamp Set:  Serene Silhouettes

Card Stock:  Island Indigo & Very Vanilla
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Calypso Coral, Summer Starfruit,
Pool Party, Island Indigo, & Lucky Limeade
StazOn:  Black
Embossing Folder:  Argyle
Framelits:  Apothecary Accents
Paper-Piercing Pack:  Essentials
Brads:  Neutrals (black)
Punches:  3/4" Circle (sun) & 1" Circle (framelit)
Sponges

1 comment:

  1. Now that is one beautiful mistake! I really like the effect of the sponging on the embossed piece. Need to try that...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...