Monday, February 6, 2012

Paper Doily Die Day 1

Hello to my faithful followers...I'm finally back. I've had a busy week...ok a little more than a week and needed to take some time off and that's exactly what I did..especially this weekend (no Red Hot Stampers post). :(  However today (and for the next few days) I'm going to start posting some cards and projects that I made for my upline Glenda's open house.  She asked the demos under her to make eight things using one particular product from the new mini.  I said, "Sure!  Why not?!  I'll use the new Paper Doily die."  Once I figured out how to use it (and what a story there is behind that!) I decided I LOVE this new Sizzlits die because there is SO much you can do with it!  However, I don't recommend making eight projects all at once! lol But a card every now and then wouldn't be so bad. I think I'm going to start with my least favorite and move to my most favorite posting two things together at a time.  Not that I didn't like any of them, but by the time I got to number eight I was about done in! lol

I decided to do something nice and simple for this project and throw a little bit of chocolate in the mix.  Who doesn't love chocolate, right?


By looking at the lid you can see that I cut the middle part of the die out.  I put it on top of a very vanilla circle and placed it on the lid of the jelly jar...yup, nice and simple! :)



I was kind of going for vintage with the look of this card, plus I don't think I've used these colors lately and wanted to give them a try.  I also wanted to see how the die looked with some ribbon woven into it.



Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Card Stock: Island Indio & Very Vanilla
Lg. Sizzlets Die: Paper Doily
Ribbon: 1/2" Seam Binding in Very Vanilla & 3/8" Ruffled in Island Indigo
...and of course m&m's in a jelly jar!

Stamp Set:  Elements of Style
Card Stock:  Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive & Very Vanilla
Classic Stampin' Pad:  Rich Razzleberry
Embossing Folder:  Vintage Wallpaper
Lg Sizzlets Die:  Paper Doily
Ribbon:  1/2" Seam Binding in Very Vanilla
Punch: Lg Tag 















1 comment:

  1. These are great! I love the decorative lid! Perfect for so many occasions! The seam binding is so pretty woven through the doily too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...